Friday, October 31, 2008

What Ails Me.

So I have an owie and I am bonding with the PCMOs (Medical Officers. There is something about me and nurses. They always seem to be my fast friends...) but during one language lesson I was elevating my swollen ankle (It got infected from a bug bite but is not a big deal. I am taking drugs and I'm okay, Mom.) My buddy Trent jotted down a poem written from my perspective on my notebook. It went a little like this: "First there was the dreadful heat, Then the mosquitoes raped my feet. The second week I finally cried, A few days later my stomach died. This present week is almost done; And my little ankle looks like the sun. But when life is rough and the cards stacked to the deck, I just laugh at my teacher 'cause he looks like 'SHREK'!" And he does too. It's uncanny, if only he were green...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassie,, of course I'm worried about your swollen ankle. You always were sensitive to bites and such, way back to when Vickie's hampster bit you on the finger. You probably don't remember, but we do. Take care of that and follow the doctor's (or nurse's, in this case) orders. The poem was very cute! Still miss you a bunch, but glad to hear things are going well. Take care...Mom

Mrs. Green said...

I bet you are meeting the coolest people!!! I am happy your foot is doing better!!!