Thursday, February 26, 2009

Choose Your Own Adventure

As a pre-pubescent, I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books. I would choose to investigate the noise or wander into the maze of mirrors and flip with anticipation and confidence to the page destination I had chosen. If I found, however, that my path led me to death or the unexpected end of my story, I would cheat, going back to explore the other path. You know you did too. Presently, I feel much like I am living on of these stories with far less immediate danger and scary clowns. I have recently made the choice to resign from my service and return to the states. There are numerous reasons behind my choice. I could fill this page detailing all the factors playing into my decision but it simply comes down to my reevaluation of what I valued and I felt too inaccessible to my family. My grandpa's death allowed me to look at my commitment to service in a different light. Sharing in the joys and sorrows of the lives of those I love is far more valuable to me than the life I saw laid out for me in Tonga. I appreciate all of those who have been so supportive of my choices. I hope to account more of my experiences in Tonga in this blog and the way they affect my transition to life back in America. And unlike my Adventure Books, I cannot flip back and begin again but I do not believe that my path back to America has ended my story sooner than expected. My roamin' is far from finished.

4 comments:

Steve Hunsicker said...

Good Luck to you Cassie! We are going to miss you.

Steve

amber said...

Cassie,
I am delighted to have you back with us here in the States, although I know our family wishes it was under different circumstances. I am proud of the choice you made, I know it was probably one of the most difficult you have ever had to deal with. I know the drive you have to help others will continue no matter what location you reside in. I love you and hope I get over this terrible sickness so I can drive the strenuous 5 minute drive to see you:) Love you much!

Mrs. Green said...

When are you coming home? Sounds like you are making the best choice for your life and that is what is the most important.

Mrs. Green said...

Let me know if there is anything I can help with getting a job with the district. Transferes and such will be coming up soon.